In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Families that end the old year focusing on fitness will begin the New Year building on that healthy mission. Pursuing a healthy lifestyle is not a short-lived New Year’s Resolution but a way of life that you carry from year to year. So, join Fit & Able to Run Out the Old Year together!
We hope you'll join us and please invite your friends and family to walk or run with you!
The Last Mile is part of Fit & Able's Free-for-All Race Series.
* * * Due to the constantly evolving situation due to Covid-19 any specific changes to event operations for protecting participant health and safety in compliance with the most up-to-date recommendations and requirements will be posted no later than 2 weeks prior to the race and emailed to all registered participants. A virtual component is available for all races for those runners who aren’t comfortable racing in person yet but still want to participate in the event. * * *
* Start times subject to change due to weather or safety
* Final pre-race packet pickup and race day information and updates will be emailed to all registered participants and volunteers the week prior to the race.
Race Location: Lake Crabtree County Park (1400 Aviation Pkwy., Morrisville, NC 27560).
Course Information: The course is on Lake Crabtree Park's paved and natural trails; conditions depend on the weather prior to the event and adjustments may be necessary due to lake flooding.. The course is NOT USATF certified. GPS tracking apps are not suitable for measuring course distances accurately.
Events: Everyone is welcome to participate! All participants will have chip-timed results that will be posted online. All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
* No dogs or bikes permitted in the race.
* We strongly discourage participants wearing headphones of any sort while racing for their own safety and so they can properly hear instructions on the course.
* Kids in strollers must be registered and be with a parent registered in either the 5K, 8K, or Mile. Kids in strollers must be numbered, properly buckled into the stroller, and we strongly encourage them to wear a helmet.
* If you or one of your party have a physical or developmental need that may require special accommodation please contact us at least one month prior to the event to discuss reasonable accommodations that may be available.
Course Aid: An athletic trainer will be available at a medical tent located near the finish line. There will be a water station on the course and near the finish line. Water is also available at the registration and refreshment area.
Packet Pick-up: All participants must show a photo ID or be with a guardian with a photo ID in order to pick up their race packets and can only pick up their own race packet. Early packet pickup details will be announced the week prior to the race.
Volunteers: We need your help! If you're available to assist us with registration, handing out water, and cheering on runners please sign up to volunteer between 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM.
Awards: Awards are provided by Omega Sports. Must be present to receive awards; no awards will be mailed out or left at Omega Sports. Save your Last Mile bib number to get 20% off in store at Omega Sports!
Race Souvenirs: A Last Mile shirt and a celebration Champagne Glass is included with 5K registration if registered by December 6th. You can order additional glasses before December 6th.
Online pre-registration closes on December 26th at 9 PM. Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted at packet pick-up and race day.
The Last Mile and all participants are subject to these event polices.
Information from this master site is often shared to or scraped by other online sources that aren't updated when changes are made here. This site on RunSignUp is the only official and updated source for information regarding this event. Everyone who registers for this event will be automatically subscribed to Fit & Able's email distribution list and may unsubscribe at any time.
Fit & Able Productions is a nonprofit organization that has been supporting community and family fitness in Cary since 1997 through organizing creative events and training programs. Proceeds from our events that aren't designated to support other organizations go to support the event and other Fit & Able nonprofit activities.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
AFTER you sign up you can get up to $15 back when you REFER at least 5 friends to register too (and another $15 after 10 more referrals)! Check your confirmation email for YOUR unique referral link and send it out! Learn more about how Referral Refunds work here.
PLUS, anyone who signs up using your link within 72 hours after you register will get a $5 discount automatically applied at checkout!
AFTER you register you can get up to $25 back when you RAISE at least $250 through your fundraising page! Set up YOUR fundraising page during registration and send it out! Learn more about how to become a Fundraiser here.
PLUS, create a fundraising team to invite others to help you with their own fundraising pages, whether or not they register to run!
* Only 5K and greater races are eligible for referral refunds; only 1 Mile and greater races are eligible for fundraising refunds. $5 of each registration is non-refundable. Message Info@fitandable.net if you have questions. *
Join this event and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.